As we continue to combat the Coronavirus Outbreak, the Indian government has taken stringent steps to restrain the spread of this a pandemic and typified it as a ‘disaster’.
At Fortune Hotels, we too have taken this situation very seriously and have been following the Government Advisories and those published by the World Health Organization. While all Fortune Hotels have undertaken additional measures to maintain hygiene and care in their environs ever since the outbreak was reported, we have further upped the sanitization checks and deep cleaning procedures across our hotels to ensure a safer and a more hygienic environment for our guests.
All Fortune Hotels are abiding by these precautionary hygiene and care measures across all areas of their hotel:
- Deep sanitization and fumigation at frequent intervals. This includes cleaning and disinfection of public area such as lobby, elevators, telephones, washrooms and the air-conditioning system.
- Step-up in the cleaning procedures and disinfection of guest room facilities including carpet, air-conditioning and bathroom air intake vents etc., further strengthening the cleanliness regime.
- Deep cleaning and disinfection of all restaurants and kitchen area including cooking utensils and tableware. Strict implementation of food safety guidelines.
- Hygiene Stations have been set up at every hotel entrance and banquet entry with a disinfected carpet and alcohol-based hand rubs. All guests are requested to undergo a body temperature check using non-invasive laser thermometers and hands’ disinfection at the entrance. The same procedure is being followed for all staff members also.
- All guests are mandated to fill in a health declaration form at the time of checking in.
- Should a guest arrive suffering from fever or other influenza-like symptoms, s/he is advised to wear surgical masks and directed to seek immediate medical assistance.
- All staff are advised to disinfect hands and wear surgical masks before entering the hotel, and all food-handling staff are required to mandatorily wear gloves and surgical masks during duty.
- Any staff member reporting to work with body temperature over 37.5 degrees Celsius or influenza-like symptoms, is being directed to seek medical advice and refrain from work.
It is unfortunate that the World has to combat the wrath of the Coronavirus. While we appeal to all guests and staff members to stay extra cautious and take all necessary precautions to curtain the spread of this infection, we also strive to do everything in our capacity to your safety and wellbeing is our utmost priority.
We thus understand your restraint and hesitation to travel to us in these trying times and have tried to address your concern by introducing flexibility beyond our published policies.
Effective March 16, 2020, you may choose to modify or cancel your existing booking without attracting a penalty, by visiting fortunehotels.in or calling the hotel reservations directly. The request however, has to be made at least 24 hours prior to the date of stay and is applicable for stays through 30 April 2020.
For new reservations for any future date of stay, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30, 2020, the reservations can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and a rate differences if any, shall apply.
If you have booked through a travel agent, any online booking platform, other third parties or your reservation is a part of a group booking- please contact your booking provider for further assistance.
We remain committed to provide maximum flexibility to our Club ITC Members as well by pausing the expiration of all Club ITC green points due between 17 March and 13 April 2020. Further all membership tier changes have also been paused during this period; with the exception of movements to the next higher tier.
Since the COVID-19 situation is evolving, we will continue to update you as and when necessitated.
We thank you for your continued patronage and wish you well in these challenging times.